Thank you for visiting our store and we look forward to fulfilling your needs.
We enjoy making our products and our mission is to provide the best experience for our customers.
In order to allow us to give you our best service please read our Terms and Conditions and our policies below:
Ledikana is a South African lifestyle, fashion and accessories brand based in Johannesburg.
We specialize in the manufacturing of contemporary African garments, corporate gifts and other accessories. Our products are handcrafted by women, mostly retired pensioners who are sole breadwinners from the rural areas of Mpumalanga, Kwazulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Gauteng. Ledikana empowers and develops the skills of women and celebrates all the cultures in South Africa.
Style and quality are at the forefront of our manufacturing process.
1.RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
Please note that our store returns policies may differ from our online returns policies
You may exchange our products in their unused condition within 7 days of delivery together with proof of purchase for a different item or store credit voucher.
Store credit vouchers are valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
Please see below for further information on how to return an item:
We exchange or give a store credit if:
- an item is unworn and unwashed;
- an item is significantly different from the sample or description;
- an item has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it;
- an item is not damaged and faulty on its return;
- an item is still new and has not been used;
- an item is in its original packaging and unopened;
- you have the receipt or proof of purchase
Products that do not meet these criteria will not be considered for return.
If for any reason you’re not happy with the item/s you have purchased, you may return items purchased online to any Ledikana Store for a replacement or exchange, provided you have the original tax invoice, and items are returned as above and in a saleable condition within 7 days of delivery.
- We can do an immediate exchange, replacement when you come to collect your order.
- Remember to present two documents when you return an item you've purchased online to a store:
- Your dispatch note: This is given to you when your order is delivered.
- Your original tax invoice: This is emailed to you when your order is being processed.
- You can either print it out, or show it to the cashier on your phone.
- You cannot receive a cash refund for items purchased online, but a Store Voucher.
- Sale items can be exchanged only.
- No refunds will be applicable on exchanged items.
- A store voucher will be issued in case an exchange cannot take place at that time.
2. INCORRECT/ FAULTY/DEFECTIVE PRODUCT DELIVERED
We stand behind all of our products. If your product is defective or faulty or significantly different from the sample or description please contact and notify us as soon as possible within 3 days by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- do not remove the product from its original packaging including stickers and labels.
- provide us with the photographs of the outer and inner packaging and of the damaged product in order for us to assess the extent of the damage and where in the delivery process the damage may have occurred;
- if necessary, we will collect the products from you at no cost; and
- deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible within 10 business days and or depending on the availability of the product; replacement or exchange or a store voucher after having inspected the condition of the item returned.
3. HOW TO RETURN FAULTY/DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
- you may return items purchased online to any Ledikana Store
- we may arrange pick up of the item, if necessary, at no cost if we sent an incorrect item
How to package returned items
The returned product must be packed, in its original protective packaging so that it can travel safely back to us.
If the returned product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, no exchange will be given.
Returned items must be packaged correctly to avoid any damages.
4. PROCESSING AN EXCHANGE ON YOUR PURCHASE
- This can be done at the store you collected from (preferably Melrose Arch) with your original receipt and the item intact.
- depending on the availability of the product; we issue a replacement or exchange or a store voucher after having inspected the condition of the item returned.
5. DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
- We deliver Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 17:00.
- No deliveries will be made on weekends and public holidays. We will try at all times to effect deliveries within the stated time.
- Deliveries will take place within 3-7 working days from when your order has been placed and paid for.
- International deliveries will be determined by the destination and the courier company.
Products not available for delivery
- Some items may not be in stock at the time you place the order.
- We reserve the right to change our lead times due to availability of the product in terms of size or color on custom made products and over high-volume periods such as Heritage Day, Black Friday, and Christmas week.
In the event that we cannot deliver your goods within the stated time, we will contact you to make alternative arrangements.
Delivery is free for orders above R3500.00.
Delivery fees for bulk orders (5kgs) are based on weight and dimensions of the delivery and is an additional charge over and above the flat rate of R100 and is payable by the customer.
Our Online Store administrator will contact you to make courier arrangements.
- We also deliver via POSTNET to POSTNET within the borders of South Africa.
Custom Made Products
- Our turn-around time for custom make garments is 3-4 weeks
- Wholesale products 4-7 weeks
- We reserve the right to change our lead times due to availability of the products
Please email us at email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org for more enquiries and more information.
- You may also choose to collect your purchase at our store in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg.
- Once your order is being packed, an email and or SMS will be sent to you informing you your order is ready for collection; please do not arrive at store before we have confirmed your order is ready as it may not be available to collect.
- You will need to take your order number/proof of purchase with you when you collect your items.
- We will also ask you to present a valid identification such as an ID/smart card, driver’s license or passport.
- You can send someone on behalf of yourself to collect, as long as they have the unique order number and they can verify your name, surname and ID number.
- You must check your order before you leave the store and confirm with the Customer Sales Assistant to close off the order.
- Ordered Items will be held in store for a maximum of 14 days.
Extended lead time for delivery
Some areas require our courier partners to travel a little further to get your order to you.
Please expect a longer lead time on your order, if you are situated in outlying areas as stipulated by the couriers.
- Outlying areas refers to areas that are out of town or not easily accessible by couriers.
- Delivery charges to outlying areas might incur an extra cost which will be communicated to the customer prior booking the package. Costs are payable by the customer
Delivery within the Republic of South Africa.
- On delivery of the order to the specified delivery address, you will receive our delivery note showing the items delivered, any non-available items, the delivery fees, Value-Added Tax and the amount debited from your payment card.
- For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any other person than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is presumed to be authorized to accept the delivery on your behalf.
- Should no-one be in attendance at the time of delivery, the driver will keep the products and leave a notice at the delivery address to this effect. The delivery service will attempt to contact you in order to arrange for an alternate delivery time.
- Please arrange that you or your authorized representative is available to accept your purchases at the delivery address and that appropriate access will be made available. On delivery, we will require you or your authorized representative to sign and print your or their name on a duplicate copy of the delivery note, to confirm receipt.
Who We Are
Ledikana is a South African fashion and accessories brand based in Johannesburg. We specialise in the manufacturing of contemporary African garments, hats, and other fashion accessories.
Our products are handmade and culturally inspired. Style and quality is at the forefront of our manufacturing process.
Our mission is to:
• manufacture quality contemporary products that are proudly made in South Africa
• partner with creative and professional people in producing unique products and promoting our brand globally
• create an environment where people are inspired to be the best they can be and making products that will satisfy our customers’ needs and desires
• celebrate the heritage and culture of South Africa and
• make a difference in the markets we service locally and internationally.
Our vision is to celebrate the heritage and culture of South Africa and make a difference in the markets we service, locally and internationally.