Thank you for visiting our store and we look forward to fulfilling your needs.
We enjoy making our products and our mission is to provide the best experience for our customers.
In order to allow us to give you our best service, please read our
Terms and Conditions and our policies below:
Ledikana is a South African fashion and accessories brand based in Johannesburg.
We specialise in the manufacturing of contemporary African garments, corporate gifts and other accessories.
Our products are handcrafted by women, mostly retired pensioners who are sole breadwinners from the rural areas of Mpumalanga, Kwazulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Gauteng. Ledikana empowers and develops the skills of women and celebrates all the cultures in South Africa.
Style and quality are at the forefront of our manufacturing process.
1. RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
Please note that our store returns policies may differ from our online returns policies
You may exchange our products in their unopened condition within 7 days of delivery together with proof of purchase for a different item, full refund or store credit voucher.
Please see below for further information on how to return an item:
We exchange or refund:
- if an item is unworn and unwashed
- if an item is significantly different from the sample or description
- if an item has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- if an item is not damaged and faulty on its return
- if an item is still new and has not been used
- if an item is in original packaging
- if you have the receipt or proof of purchase
Products that do not meet these criteria will not be considered for return.
If for any reason you’re not happy with the item/s you have purchased, you may return items purchased online to any Ledikana Store for a full refund, replacement or exchange, provided you have the original tax invoice, and items are returned as above and in a saleable condition within 7 days of delivery.
- We can do an immediate exchange, replacement when you come to collect your order.
- Remember to present two documents when you return an item you’ve purchased online to a store:
- Your dispatch note: This is given to you when your order is delivered.
- Your original tax invoice: This is emailed to you when your order is being processed.
- You can either print it out, or show it to the cashier on your phone.
- Your refund will be given against the original payment card as specified on your proof of purchase (your online dispatch note serves as your proof of purchase). Thus, if you paid online with a credit card, we will process your refund to a credit card.
- You cannot receive a cash refund for items purchased online, but a store Voucher.
- No exchanges and refunds on Sale items.
2. INCORRECT/ FAULTY/DEFECTIVE PRODUCT DELIVERED
We stand behind all of our products. If your product is defective or faulty or significantly different from the sample or description
Please note the following:
- do not remove the product from its original packaging including stickers and labels.
- provide us with the photographs of the outer and inner packaging and of the damaged product in order for us to assess the extent of the damage and where in the delivery process the damage may have occurred;
- if necessary, we will collect the products from you at no cost; and
- deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible within 10 business days and or depending on the availability of the product; or issue a full refund, replacement or exchange or a store voucher after having inspected the condition of the item returned.
We do not guarantee that you will be automatically refunded. The decision to refund is solely at the discretion of the store manager where you return the product, having inspected the condition of the item returned.
3. HOW TO RETURN FAULTY/DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
- you may return items purchased online to any Ledikana Store
- we may arrange pick up of the item if necessary, at no cost if we sent an incorrect item
How to package returned items
The returned product must be packed, in its original protective packaging so that it can travel safely back to us.
If the returned product has not been packaged properly and is damaged, no refund or exchange will be given.
Returned items must be packaged correctly to avoid any damages.
4. PROCESSING A REFUND ON YOUR PURCHASE
- This can be done at the store you collected from (preferably Melrose Arch) with your original receipt and the item intact.
- depending on the availability of the product; we issue a full refund, replacement or exchange or a store voucher after having inspected the condition of the item returned.
- For credit card or EFT refunds, a 7% fee of the refund amount may be charged.
- Refunds are handled within 10 working days of logging the return query.
- Depending on your payment method used on purchase, there might be a delay in seeing the monies in your account.
- Credit cards – takes up to 10-14 business days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines.
Refunds are handled within 10 working days of logging the return (refunds can take up to 3 working days to reflect in your account once processed due to banking timelines)
Exchanges and Replacements may take longer as these are dependent on availability.
5. DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
- We deliver Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 17:00.
- No deliveries will be made on weekends and public holidays. We will try at all times to effect deliveries within the stated time.
- Deliveries will take place within 3-7 working days from when your order has been placed and paid for.
- Some items may not be in stock at the time you place the order.
- We reserve the right to change our lead times due to availability of the product in terms of size or colour on custom made products and over high volume periods such as Heritage day, Black Friday, and Christmas week.
In the event that we cannot deliver your goods within the stated time, we will contact you to make alternative arrangements or if necessary we can refund your order.
Delivery is free for orders above R3500.00 around Gauteng.
Delivery fees for bulk orders (5kgs) are based on weight and dimensions of the delivery and is an additional charge over and above the flat rate of R100 and is payable by the customer.
Our Online Store administrator will contact you to make courier arrangements.
- We also deliver via POSTNET to POSTNET within the borders of South Africa.
- We deliver Internationally via DHL
Custom Made Products
- Our turn-around time for custom make garments is 2-3 weeks
- Wholesale products 4-7 weeks
- We reserve the right to change our lead times due to availability of the products
- You may also choose to collect your purchase at our store in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg.
- Once your order is being packed, an email and SMS will be sent to you informing you your order is ready for collection; please do not arrive at store before we have confirmed your order is ready as it may not be available to collect.
- You will need to take your order number/proof of purchase with you when you collect your items.
- We will also ask you to present a valid identification such as an ID/smart card, driver’s license or passport.
- You can send someone on your behalf to collect, as long as they have the unique order number and they can verify your name, surname and ID number.
- You must check your order before you leave the store and confirm with the Customer Sales Assistant to close off the order.
- Ordered Items will be held in store for a maximum of 14 days.
- After this time, your order will be cancelled and a refund will be processed back to your original payment method.
Extended lead time for delivery
In outlying areas, that is areas out of town or CBD, require our courier partners to travel a little further to get your order to you.
Please expect a longer lead time on your order, if you are situated in those areas.
Delivery within the Republic of South Africa.
- On delivery of the order to the specified delivery address, you will receive our delivery note showing the items delivered, any non-available items, the delivery fees, Value-Added Tax and the amount debited from your payment card.
- For verification purposes, the person accepting delivery at the delivery address may be required to produce a form of identification. Any other person than yourself who receives the products at the delivery address is presumed to be authorised to accept the delivery on your behalf.
- Should no-one be in attendance at the time of delivery, the driver will keep the products and leave a notice at the delivery address to this effect. The delivery service will attempt to contact you in order to arrange for an alternate delivery time.
- Please arrange that you or your authorised representative is available to accept your purchases at the delivery address and that appropriate access will be made available. On delivery, we will require you or your authorised representative to sign and print your or their name on a duplicate copy of the delivery note, to confirm receipt.
Do you like what you see?
We wholesale our products to Corporates, Retailers, Event Management Companies, Gift Stores, Beauty Spas, Hotels and Lodges.
We will send you our Online Catalogue and a price list of our wholesale offering.